Sunday, July 20, 2008

Inactivity - Out on a Ride

In addition to my computer suffering from heat overload, I've been negligent at posting as I catch up from the Cascade and prepare for the Rocky Mountain. I've been able to keep fit by continuing to ride into work these last two weeks and just use the train for the bike/train/bike commute home....only needed to buy a book of 10 tickets for the two weeks I've been back. Leaving the house at 4:30AM and returning at 7:00PM doesn't leave a lot of time to get on the computer and I'll also be out of touch starting today as I fly to Vancouver and make my way to Kamloops to ride the Rocky Mountain 1200K July 23rd to 27th. Doing the last minute packing and miscellaneous preparations like tightening the chain ring bolts, getting several extra seat binder bolts, cleaning the chain BEFORE I pack it into the bike bok, and making sure I didn't leave anything out, such as the headset bearings - I need to remove my fork each time to fit the frame in the bike box. It's a little hassle but not as much as what I needed to go through to ensure my Trico case made it to my final destination, and the airline "only" charges me $25 for the extra suitcase vs. $100+ to take the bike box and then they offer no assurance that the bike will even be on my flight.

Eventually I'll figure out how to post from my cell phone but for now I probably won't have an update until I return from the RM1200. I'm also attempting to figure out how to best include photos from the trip.

No comments: